Monday, June 1, 2009

Davis Knees

I was hoping one knee injury is all that I would have to endure, but alas, it is not. I hurt my knee, the one I already had surgery on, Thursday night playing volleyball. I finally got into a doctor today and he says it is my lateral collateral ligament (LCL), which means, thankfully, that I don't need surgery. Unfortunately, I will be out for a month as far as volleyball or biking or anything else is concerned. He says I can start out on a stationary bike and work my way slowly back to full strength. I guess a stationary bike is better than nothing. He also said to take it easy as far as walking in concerned, and to not push myself too much. Oh what horrible luck, I just got my jogging stroller today! That's ok, I just keep telling myself, no surgery, no surgery!
Oh, and if anyone is wondering about the title, my mom's maiden name is Davis, and her and her siblings have cursed knees. I have 3 aunts who have about 8 knee surgery's between them. Also, Chantel, Devin, and I have all had knee surgery, Chantel is probably going to have another one, and I have a torn ligament!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you don't have to have surgery. Hopefully it heals quickly okay on its own.

    ReplyDelete