Saturday, June 6, 2009

Camping season!

We started camping season this weekend up at Curt Gowdy state park and had a blast. There was plenty of food, conversation, kid chasing, dirt, and sun! We finally got to use our big dutch oven from Christmas ( 2 years ago, thanks mom and dad Killpack) and we seasoned our 2 small ones (thanks mom and dad Walker). We made potatoes and cobbler while the Bluemels did a roast and the Pedersens did lemonade and s'mores. Oh wonderful s'mores! I limited myself and only had 2, but Payton was quite interested in them, at least the chocolate and marshmallows. Apparently he was into them all night. We stayed up talking quite late, it tried to rain on us around 11:00, but it only lasted long enough for us to pick up our chairs and send a few people into their tents. Nate and I stayed up talking with Tyler until 11:45.
The kids did pretty good throughout the night. Cameron got cold because he wiggled out of his sleeping bag, so we had him in with us for a couple hours. Once Nate put him back in his bag he was fine for the rest of the night.
Today also happened to be free fishing day, so Nate took his and Payton's fishing poles and got a little practice in. He didn't really try to catch anything, he just wanted to get a feel for his new pole. The funny thing is that Payton started to out cast Nate and we thought it was the funniest thing. Nate wasn't really trying to cast far, he was trying to place it, or so he says. It was a nice day today. The sun was shining all day, it was quite windy at times, but what else can you expect for Wyoming. Anyways, all 4 of us got some sun today and we are red! The top of Cameron's head and his cheeks got burned, while Payton's face, neck, and ears got it. Nate forgot a hat and so his head, face, and neck are burned. I however had a hat, so only the back of my neck and my arms are burned. I think I am the one that is complaining about the sunburns the most. Neither Payton nor Cameron have even mentioned that it hurts or anything. They are such troopers!

2 comments:

  1. Oh how fun! Cody and I have a leaky tent so we might not get out this Summer if the rain keeps up! :( BOO! I love to camp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Guys!
    Wow, its been a long time, I dont know if you remember me? Its Kerri. Your family is adorable.

    ReplyDelete