Tuesday, September 13, 2011

School and Soccer

Payton's first day of kindergarten was September 6th 2011, the day after Labor Day. I stayed home with Cameron and Emma and Nate took him to school. He had the biggest smile on his face when he got of the bus in the afternoon. He got to go to art and library and explore the school a little bit. He also said they have 4 recesses ( they go out to recess as soon as they get off the bus in the morning.) I asked him what his favorite part of the day was and he said it was art. He likes his teacher and is getting to know the other kids in his class. I think he is finally starting to like Pinedale.
Payton has also been doing soccer. He loves it. He is in the 3-5 age group and is usually the biggest kid on the field. There is another kid on his team that is his same size and they seem to work well together on the field, although sometimes when there is a break they like to start wrestling. He gets so excited when he scores. Here he is doing a little victory dance of some sort after he scored one time. Nate likes to challenge Payton with a different # of times he wants him to score. I think it is Nate's way of trying to keep Payton focused on the game. He still likes to twirl in circles and play in the grass but when Nate askes him to score a certain # of times he is more into the game.
Emma isn't sure about the camera and usually gives me a weird look when I try to take her picture. Here she is at one of Payton's games giving me a smile.
Cameron is not quite sure what to do during the day while Payton is gone to school but I think he is starting to get used to it. He gets to watch Little Einsteins while I am exercising and sometimes will work out with me. He did some yoga with me yesterday and it was fun to watch. He likes to color and practice his letters. When I am doing computer work he likes to sit next to me and write his and Payton's names. I have been helping him with the letters he has backwards and teaching him our names too.
Emma is still growing and is definately in a fun stage. She has turned into a talker and really likes the sound of her own voice. She loves to sit and stand and can sometimes get quite mad if try to lay her down and she doesn't want to. She has also discovered her feet and likes to grap them and squeal at the same time. I haven't been able to take her in for her official 4 month checkup but she is around 12.5 lbs and 23 inches.

No comments:

Post a Comment