Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Projects and bike rides

I have been procrastinating unpacking the last of my boxes. I am trying to get used to taking care of a 3rd child on top of the regular housework and keeping the boys entertained without having them watch tv all day. Also, in our apartment in Laramie we had a built in bookshelf and here we don't, so I have been looking for one to put my books, etc on. I finally found a rather good sturdy one that didn't cost an arm and a leg. There is a place here in town called the "Food Basket," its kind of like a Salvation Army. Anyways, we went there one day and got lucky and found this......


Nate sanded it down and then we painted it a dark chocolate mocha color. The finished product looks pretty good. I still can't decide what to put in the bottom part. Any suggestions?


We also have been looking for another dresser since we had Emma and didn't have anywhere to put her clothes. Nate's boss called him after work one day and told him he found one at a yard sale. So Nate went to take a look at it and we decided that for $10 it wasn't that bad. We washed it down, Payton and Cameron helped me paint it with the left over pain from the bookshelf, and Nate got some new handles for it while he was in Utah for work. Nate was real skeptical but is pretty impressed with how it turned out. Of course he didn't tell me he was skeptical until after we were done, how like him. This is a picture of the dresser at the yard sale. Nate sent it to me from his phone to see if I approved of it.

Here is the finished product in the boys' room. They had fun helping paint it and put their clothes in it.




I have been trying to keep the boys entertained durng the day without having them watch tv all day, so we have been going to the parks and library. One of the parks is only 1/2 mile away so I have been pushing Cameron and Emma in the stroller while Payton rides his bike. I have been wanting to ride my bike too but couldn't really do it since Emma is so little still. She has been starting to hold her head up really good though lately so I tried going with her and Cameron in the bike trailer. I had to put a pillow under her so she would be up high enough for the straps to fit her right.So here is Cameron and my little miss Emma going for her first bike ride!

3 comments:

  1. Woohoo! I like how the projects turned out! pretty color. You could put those blue box basket storage things on the bottom where you had the boys coloring stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would suggest toys or books of some sort for the kids on the bottom shelf. That way, they might be less likely to want to climb up and get at the stuff on the higher shelves since there's something right on the bottom for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would suggest toys on the bottom. I had stuff on the bottom of mine....and Dane was constantly taking stuff off....

    Yeah for bike rides. I love our bike trailer too!

    Great job on the furniture finishing!!!

    ReplyDelete